Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More 3D Design


Wire sculpture day: "Ok everybody, I want you all to start brainstorming ideas on what you can do your sculpture on!" *class rushes to sketchbooks, drawing quickly and shielding their ideas from the people around them* Mo sits there, staring into space, hardly aware of what is around her. Suddenly the clouds part outside, and everything brightens. Her eyes are drawn to the bright colors of the grass, and there! the fire hydrant, with it's bright red exterior and interesting shape. "No one would even imagine of doing a fire hydrant, they are too easily passed over. That's what I'm doing!" she thought to herself. Grabbing wire, and getting to work, Mo finished her wire sculpture in 2 hours flat. Alas, on critique day, Mo's sculpture was everyone's favorite, with comments like, "I never would have thought to do that!" "It's so simple, but it looks so great!" and "You made a fire hydrant look cool!"

This sculpture was made after having to break up with a boyfriend. This was my frustration in plaster. Sadly, the emotion came out more like a yawn, but it fulfilled my need to express how I was feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment